GIF stickers. Getting your brand on Insta stories is tempting – because it works. But how in the heck do you do it? It’s simultaneously easy and difficult. And it requires a bit of patience.
STEP 1: GET A GIPHY ACCOUNT.
- Giphy is the one-stop-shop for Instagram stickers. Get an account, and use your business information.
- You need to have a verified brand account before your GIFs can go live, which means you have some additional hoops to jump through.
STEP 2: MAKE YOU SOME GIFS/STICKERS.
- Before you can apply for verification, you need some gifs in your account. Five, to be exact.
- You know how to make gifs, right? Here’s a few tips. If you’re completely lost, you can also hire a GIF artist.
- When you’re creating your GIF, make sure to keep in mind the end-user. How do you want them to use these images, and are they easy to use?
- Make sure you’re tagging it correctly, and the description is accurate. That will ensure people will see (and use) your GIF.
- Also, keep the tech specs in mind.
- Upload those 5 GIFs, and you’ll be ready for the next step.
STEP 3: APPLY FOR A VERIFIED ACCOUNT
- Start the application process here.
- Wait some more.
STEP 4: GOOD TO GO
- Once Giphy accepts you, it’s go time. Feel free to upload your GIFs to your heart’s content!
- Don’t wait until you really need stickers. Start the verification process ASAP.
- Also, give yourself plenty of lead time, since it may take a while for the GIF to process and show up on Instagram searches.
- Don’t forget your hashtags and descriptions! People need to be able to find your art.
One other cool thing: your GIFs will also be available across many other platforms. So get creative, have fun, and start spreading your brand!